How to Replace the Side Mirror for a 2000 Ford F-150
Replacing the side mirror on your F-150 isn’t as hard as you might think. There are only a couple of steps to it once you have the replacement mirror for your Ford F-150.
- Roll down the window on the side your replacing the side mirror on.
- Remove the door panel.
- Take off the damaged mirror
- Install the new mirror
- Test the new mirror and re-install the door panel
- Take the small body panel off the old mirror and put it on the new one
The video I made below show you how to do all of this. At the end of this post are a couple of tips you might find handy. Also, there is a little segment at the end of the video showing my little “helper”.
- It seems basic, but make sure you’re buying the right part. Does your side mirror have a turn signal? The first mirror I purchased was powered but didn’t have a side mirror.
- Don’t forget to roll down the window on the side you’re working on. The switches on both sides need to be connected in order to roll down the window on the passenger side. I had to hook mine back up after taking the door panel off.
- Once you get your replacement side mirror, open the box and do a comparison between the new one and old one as soon as possible. Don’t wait till you decide to do the replacement to check this. I was in the middle of replacing mine the first time and found out I was sold a mirror for an Excursion.
If you found this post and video helpful, please share it with your friends. Subscribe to our newsletter to get automatically get posts and information. Also, the Amazon links help me pay for the hosting costs of this site. Please use them if you are going to purchase the replacement mirror.