The Lenovo H530s series is a nice budget slimline desktop PC. It comes stock with 4GB of RAM. Max out your RAM to get a little better performance.
Earlier this year I was able to purchase one on sale at Frys for $380 with the following stats.
- Machine Type 10132
- Product Family: Lenovo H530s
- Configuration Number: 5732112
- CPU: Intel I3 4130 3.4Ghz
- 1 TB hard drive
- 4 GB ram
- Windows 8
- Philips Screwdriver
RAM Use for Upgrade
The maximum amount of RAM for the Lenovo H530s is 16GB of DDR3 1600Mhz. The RAM used in the video was a Kingston HyperX Blu 16GB kit with 2 x 8GB 1600Mhz modules. This RAM was chosen because it was one of the more affordable kits that I recognized the brand name on.
[fusion_builder_container hundred_percent=”yes” overflow=”visible”][fusion_builder_row][fusion_builder_column type=”1_1″ background_position=”left top” background_color=”” border_size=”” border_color=”” border_style=”solid” spacing=”yes” background_image=”” background_repeat=”no-repeat” padding=”” margin_top=”0px” margin_bottom=”0px” class=”” id=”” animation_type=”” animation_speed=”0.3″ animation_direction=”left” hide_on_mobile=”no” center_content=”no” min_height=”none”]
5 Tips for Adding RAM to the Lenovo H530s
- The area where the RAM goes on the motherboard is cramped. Don’t be affraid to take the DVD drive out, there are just 2 screws on the front holding it in place. You’ll have plenty of room.
- Before installing the RAM push the levers back on both memory slots. This will release the stock 4GB module and get both slots ready for the new RAM.
- Never handle the RAM by the contacts.
- There is a short series of connections and a long series. Make sure your RAM is facing the correct way. I know it seems obvious but even careful people make mistakes.
- Use the guides in the levers to slide the RAM in place and press it in evenly until you hear both sides click. I have a bad habit of pushing in one side at a time. It may seem like you’re pushing pretty hard but it’ll be OK.
This is the first of a couple of upgrades to this PC. If you found this helpful, please share it and subscribe to our newsletter so you get the next upgrade sent to you automatically.[/fusion_builder_column][/fusion_builder_row][/fusion_builder_container]