I’m still looking for a way to increase the energy efficiency in my attic roof-line. Sherwin Williams has a product called E-Barrier Reflective Coating that acts as a radiant barrier to the surface it’s painted on. Here are some specs from the site.
- In summer, e-Barrier reflects radiant energy from the sun
- In winter, E-Barrier prevents radiant energy from leaving the building
- Reduces heating and cooling costs by as much as 15 percent (independent testing laboratory certified)
- Low emissivity (e-rating)
- Breathable coating, won’t trap moisture
- Fast, one-coat coverage with minimal over-spray
The summers in the desert are brutal. Any way to reflect the heat from the house is welcomed.